Thursday, December 9, 2010

Stuck in Traffic!

Last night and today I got stuck in D.C. traffic for hours.  At first I was really frustrated because I felt like I was on the slow bus and the people in the HOV lanes were on the fast bus.  It was just frustrating watching them drive by while I was standing still. 

Have you ever been in a place where you felt like everyone else had all the favor and you were some how burden with watching them move ahead?  I felt that way being stuck in traffic all that time.  Feeling trapped and like you have no control of the situation.  Eventually once I calmed down...  I realized that there was probably another way to get to where I was going.  So, I simply took off the "easy or fast" routes from my Navi and it gave me the slower routes or the back roads. 

Sometimes you have to be willing to go a different way to get to where you are going.  It might seem like it will take a little longer, but once you embark on that journey you will soon realize that there is smooth sailing and you will get there right on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment